Complaint Resolution Process
Fedcap Canada Jobseeker Complaints
Fedcap Canada are committed to providing a high-quality service to everyone we deal with. In order to do
this, we need you to give us any comments about our service, and to tell us when we get things wrong. We
want to help you resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
We treat as a complaint any expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for a response. We
listen to your complaints, treat them seriously, and learn from them so that we can continuously improve our
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not.
You may find it easier to speak to your case manager direct, which normally resolves things immediately,
however we understand that sometimes you may wish to make a formal complaint so here is what we
commit to do.
- We will listen to your complaint;
- We will try (where possible) to offer an immediate resolution;
- We may have to carry out an investigation and therefore it might take a little longer, but we commit
to it being no longer than 10 days;
- We learn – we use any feedback or complaints in order to try and ensure the same problem doesn’t
- Keep you informed at every stage of the process normally with the same point of contact
Here is the formal stuff, our process may be a little longer than you are used to or have seen
before, as we engage with many providers to make sure that your journey with us is the
best experience and that comes from many providers
If you would like to make a complaint, we have a 5-stage process
- You advise your case manager / service provider that you have a complaint / issue to raise
- We will
o Acknowledge the complaint within 24 hours of receipt;
o The manager will investigate fully and issue a response to you within 10 working
days from first receipt
- If resolved, process ends. If not resolved, escalate to Stage 2.
- If you are not happy with this response, please let us know within 10 working days and we
will escalate this to a Senior Manager;
- He / she will review your complaint again and let you know what action (if any) we will take;
this again will be within 10 workings days.
- If not resolved, escalate to Step 3.
- If you still find that you have not received a satisfactory response then you may write to the
Executive Director, their address will be provided in your stage 2 response.
- As they will have to carry our a thorough review of the complaint their response to you will
be within 15 working days;
- If not resolved, escalate to Step 4.
This is the final stage within the Service Provider. If you are not happy with our responses, we can
refer you to the Service System Manager
Stage 4 – SSM recipient complaint handover
The SSM fully investigates and responds to the complaint within 20 workings days of receipt of the
escalation. Resolution is provided
Stage 5 – Final independent review
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Office of the Ombudsman of Ontario, 483 Bay Street, 10th Floor, South Tower, Toronto, ON, M5G 2C9
- Fax: 416-586-3485